-Design expertise in Fashion Contemporary, Juniors, Misses, Plus Sizes, Mens, Boys and Girls.
-Expertise in Denim fit solutions, styling, fabrications, and wash techniques.
-Brand integrity management through marketing, retailers and licensees.
-Manage creative teams to meet company objectives and timelines under budget.
-Confident presentations skills to retail management with the ability to influence decisions.
-International sourcing and price negotiation skills resulting in higher margins.
-Creation of Trend Boards, Color Palettes, Time and Action Calendar, and Line Plans.
Creative Director– Dickies Girl, Jerry Leigh of California, official licensee for Dickies, VF corp. Juniors, Girls, and Boys.
- Direct design and merchandise assortment for fashion product line Dickies Juniors, Girls 7-16 and Boys 8-20
- Manage unique assortments for Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Macy’s, Dillard’s, Tilly’s, Zumiez, Kohl’s, and Dolls Kill.
- Manage team of designers, graphic artists, tech designers, PR, web marketing and social media.
- Concept shop domestic and internationally to create seasonal trend forecasts.
- Create marketing vision through in store signage, product packaging, photo shoots, digital assets, online presence and social media.
- Manage PR group to boost presence at Media outlets by seeding product to influencers and Celebrities.
- Present line to key retailers and Dickies management and licensees seasonally.
- Represent division at VF Global licensee meetings.
- Design booth, and execute trade show presence and special events for WWD Magic, Agenda, Surf Expo, and ComplexCon.
March 2016-Sept 2017
Design Director– Anfield Apparel/ Huayin Factory Group
- Design and merchandise product for Private label accounts, JCP, NY & CO, VF Wrangler, Dickies, Torrid, F21, Chico’s.
- Travel to customers to co-create merchandise, present product and manage programs.
- Manage a team of tech designers, production coordinators and freelance artists.
- Comparative shop trend, create trend boards.
- Work Closely with China development team to develop fabrics and new styling.
March 2014-Sept 2015
VP of Design– Epoch Apparel Group www.epochapparelgrp.com
- Design and merchandise sportswear for Contemporary, Juniors, Misses, and Plus size wovens, knits, athleisure.
- Create Sketches, oversee design samples, approve artwork and packaging.
- Source and manufacture through global factory network for branded and private label programs.
- Negotiate costs and award programs to factories.
- Present the line to retailers at market weeks and in their corporate offices.
- Comparative shop, travel to Europe to shop trends, create trend boards.
- Manage key house account Forever21 design, development, costing, pre-production.
- Manage designers, assistants, tech designers, graphic and textile Designers.
April 2010- March 2014
VP of Design– 2253 Apparel DBA Celebrity Pink www.celebpink.com
And Liverpool Jeans Company www.liverpooljeans.com
- Merchandize Americas #1 Junior Contemporary Fashion brand Celebrity Pink with $100 million Wholesale sales.
- Direct Design Categories Denim, Knits, Athleisure, and Sportswear.
- Attend all market weeks and buyer meetings, present new products to retailers.
- Lead Design team of 10 designers, textile artists, and assistants.
- Direct packaging team on best use of branding, packaging, and labeling.
- Direct Licensees, approve all collections, attended licensees shows; provide brand trend direction.
- Oversee Marketing and Social Media, web design, Co-Op retailer marketing events.
- Comparative shop and travel to Europe to shop and analyze trends, create color palettes and trend boards.
- Develop new fabrics and styles through a network of China Factories.
- Manage key accounts Macy’s and Forever21, product development, costing approvals.
- Direct Design for Contemporary Denim brand Liverpool Jeans Company sold at over 1000 specialty stores.
- Direct Design for Children’s and Plus Size divisions.
July 2006- April 2010
Creative Director–Revise Clothing DBA Vanilla Star Jeans www.vanillastarjeans.com
- Design and Merchandize sportswear for Contemporary, Juniors, Misses, and Plus size branded and private label.
- Direct designers, Cad artists and Tech designers for $80 million apparel business.
- Present the line to retailers and market and influence their buys based on trend analysis.
- Travel to Europe to shop trends, travel to China to develop samples.
- Manage key accounts Target, Wal–Mart, Kmart, Sears, JCPenney’s product assortment, costing, and approvals.
- Create brand concept, marketing vision, and internet presence.
November 2004- May 2006
Design Director- LEI/Jones Apparel www.lifeenergyintelligence.com
- Present collections to all major retailers in the US for $300 Million Apparel Business.
- Design and Merchandize fashion sportswear for Juniors and Misses clothing branded and private label.
- Manage 2 Designers and sewing room of 25 sewers and cutters in Commerce, Ca and El Paso, TX.
- Travel to Europe to shop trends, purchase samples, work with trend services, and print studios.
- Manage key private label accounts Wal-Mart, Target, Kohls, JCPenney’s, PacSun, Torrid.
January 2002-November 2004
Sr. Designer- JCPenney’s Arizona Jean Co.
Chairman’s Award winner 2003
- Responsible for design and product development for retail product worth $1 billion dollars.
- Manage 2 associate Designers and 3 Cad artists.
- Shop Domestic and Europe for trend research, brand benchmarking for saleable design recommendations.
- Partnered with merchant team on content, while creating division specific visions.
- Present trends and sample line to management seasonally.
- Developed time and action that reflects key decision making with merchandising.
- Influenced buying team on new trend and product ideas.
- Evaluate sell through’s and product strategies with merchants weekly.
- Collaborate with technical development and sourcing teams to ensure manufacturability and price points.
November 2000- December 2001
Design Director-Vintage Blue, a division of Kellwood
- Responsible for line development of junior sportswear for $80 million company.
- Present lines to Buyers seasonally.
- Manage pattern makers, cutters, sewers.
January 1996 - November 2000
Merchandiser, Design, Marketing - Paris Blues
- Merchandise Junior denim collection.
- Present the line to buyers in NY showroom and at trade shows.
- Direct marketing and product packaging for $120 million Junior Division and $35 million kids division.
- Direct licensees, shoes, outerwear, bags, belts, accessories.
Feb 1991 - December 1995
Designer, Owner - Faith Couture
- Design Contemporary collection shown at NY Fashion Week.
- Manage domestic production.
- Accounts payable, receivables, Factor relations and payroll.
Creator The Punky Pets Brand - Entertainment and consumer products www.ThePunkyPets.com
Creator Punky Pets Game App-available on iOS and Android
Animation Producer “Playing Party Politics” “We are the Punky Pets” and “International Icon”
Film Producer “Come Together” www.cometogetherfilm.com Distributed internationally
Executive and Line Producer, Script management, Budgets, Schedules, Permits, PR
Film Producer “Mr. Lucke” www.mrlucke.com Distributed via DVD in US
Line Producer and Costume Design, Locations, Set Design, Schedules, Casting
Author “Punky Pets” children’s book, published by Author House
Faculty at Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM)
Instructor: Three-Dimensional Design I, 1995
Owner Bohemian Blues, Design services firm
COMPUTER SKILLS: Photoshop, Illustrator, Web PDM, A2000, WIN Fashion, MS office, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Shopify, Social Media Expertise, Facebook ads, Hootsuite, Instagram, Twitter.
EDUCATION: Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) Degree in Fashion Design, Summa Cum Laude
email@example.com Cell-213-220-6665 Glendale, Ca. 91202